All-on-4, also known as “Teeth in a Day”, is a new solution, perfect if you’ve lost all or most of your teeth or if many of your teeth are failing. This process can provide you with beautiful, functional teeth in a day. At Puresmile Slough Dental & Implants in Farnham Common, Slough, Berkshire, we have many years experience in placing sameday teeth.
It’s called “All-on-4” because four implants are used in each jaw, to anchor a set of permanent, custom-made replacement teeth. Those four implants support a full arch of new teeth, giving you an immediate smile makeover.
What is the procedure of “Teeth-In-A-Day?”
- Patients arrive for surgery with loose and/or missing teeth or uncomfortable dentures. Some may have previously been told that they are not suitable for implants. They leave at the end of the day with a full set of bespoke new teeth, securely fixed on implants, and with their smiles restored. How is this done?
- Four implants are usually placed in each jaw to support a full set of bespoke artificial teeth that are securely fixed. The implants are surgically placed into your jawbone to replace your natural tooth roots at a very precise angle to maximise the use of available bone.
- Once the implants are in place abutments are then attached. Abutments are small devices that will connect the implants to the new ‘ restoration’ ie. the new teeth. This means you can go home on the same day with stable, secure, fixed teeth. These teeth are not the final version, as it takes about 3-6 months for the bone to integrate with your dental implants. This process is called ‘osseointegration’. During this time, your fixed teeth remain in place just like natural teeth. So, unlike traditional implant methods, you don’t have to worry about wearing removable dentures while your implants heal.
- During the osseointegration process, you will attend appointments, so that your dentist can check the progress of the treatment.
- After around 3-6 months the implants will have healed and integrated into the bone fully and your permanent restorations can be fitted. We will work closely with you to make sure every detail of your final teeth is perfect, from the bite function to the colour, so that they look exactly like natural teeth.
Benefits of Teeth-In-A-Day
- Fixed teeth in just one day
- No waiting for months for your new smile – fabulous looking teeth and a perfect bite right after treatment
- Only requires 4 implants instead of the usual 6 – 10
- All on 4 Dental Implants are carried out far quicker than traditional methods with less surgery
- Less costs involved than standard placement of 6-8 implants
- All-on-4 replacement teeth are fixed permanently in the mouth and can be cleaned just like natural teeth, in time you will not think about the fact that you have implants
Am I suitable for All-on-4?
Before beginning treatment your dentist will perform a thorough assessment to ensure your suitability for All-on-4 treatment. Dental Implants have the highest success rate when performed on suitable candidates.
- Factors that add risk to the success of the procedure include diabetes or heavy smoking. Smokers must note they are two and a half times more likely to experience failure than non-smokers.
- Those who suffer from gum disease will need to have the condition successfully treated prior to proceeding with implants.
- It is important the patient understands the importance of good oral hygiene and is able to undertake daily brushing and flossing using correct techniques prior to the placement of implants.
How much do Teeth-in-a-day cost?
The cost of All-on-4 treatment will vary, depending on how many implants you’re having and the complexity of the treatment.
Your dentist will be able to give you a good indication of the cost once you’ve come in for a consultation and your suggested individual treatment plan has been worked out.
Finance options are available to help spread the cost
We can help you spread the cost of your treatments. Please check with us to see what finance options are available to you, subject to status.